Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Does mac foundations cause spots?

I am bit worried as iv read some answers that say it will cause spots!


My skin is quite clear but like always get a spot here and there! But I don't have acne or scars! I don't want it to ruin my skin! Also I don't want to waste my money if it's bad!





any other foundations would u recommend? Please no mineral makeup as it's too dry for me! No bare minerals either!





Only where I can get it in the uk!Does mac foundations cause spots?
Sephora.com Is the BEST for all your beauty question!


They even have live support!


I use them and look at my skin! Boca, Philosophy........Murad....etc!


Tons of products with free shipping!


Check to see if there is a store near you!


Good LuckDoes mac foundations cause spots?
Sorry to say bare escentuals is the best foundation for your skin. You can try mixing it with moisturiser and then applying it like a tinted moisturiser, that way it wont be to dry.





On the other hand normal foundations are fine and will not cause you spots if you make sure you are cleansing and exfoliating your skin properly. The best time to cleanse is in the evening, this way you are not only removing your make-up but you are also removing the grime and pollution from the day. Do a double cleanse, the first removes the bulk of the make-up, the second removes any last traces of it. Then tone, toning neutralises your cleanser, because water alone will not do that. In the morning all you need do is buff your face over with a fresh warm face cloth. If you see traces of make up on that you haven't removed your make-up properly from the night before. Exfoliating twice a week will also help eliminate deeper down make-up that kinda works its way into your skin that you cant always get off with a cleanse.





Hope that helps you hun
Well, all foundations cause spots (except mineral foundation.) Unless a foundation strictly says ';non-comeodogenic'; and ';oil-free';, it is possible that it'll cause a breakout. Don't believe that ';non-acnegenic'; means it won't cause pimples.





Seeing that all foundations are the same, MAC is still the best in terms of application and coverage. I use Studio Fix, and it really evens out my skintone. Plus, they have a great variety of skin tones, so you won't turn out too pasty or too tan. Armani Face Fabric is pretty good as well, my skin always feels so fresh even with it on.
I used to have horrible acne and I still have oily, breakout prone skin but I've never had my MAC foundations cause any breakouts.





As long as you thoroughly wash your face and use an exfoliator about twice a week, it shouldn't clog your pores and give you skin problems.





There are other good foundation brands out there that I've had luck with. Laura Mercier is one and Make Up For Ever is another good brand, but they're both more expensive than MAC.





Give the MAC stuff a shot! Just make sure you wash your makeup off before bed and when you shower in the morning and you shouldn't break out :)
MAC Studio Fix Powder hasn't caused _me_ any breakouts at all. I don't know about the rest of their foundations, because that's the only one I have. It isn't the foundation, usually... it is the skin's reaction to some foundations. If you have had a cheap foundation that didn't break you out, MAC probably won't if you wash it off at night.
All foundations can cause spots as they block the pores of your face, I'm not sure whether this one is more prone to or not but I'd suggest going into a shop like Debenhams or Boots where someone can take a look at your skin and direct you to the right product!



honey, simply read the ingredients list.





if you know you are allergic on something on this list, don't buy the make up.





else, you've got to try and see.





good luck!
I found Lily lolo mineral foundation cleared my spots, but that doesn't work for you, so go for the oil-free Cinique foundation, its awesome and doesn't cause spots but won't clear them! xxxx
YES it does Mac make up was originally used as costume make up so is therefore very thick it gave me loads of spots now i use bobby brown cosmetics and they've cleared up!

No comments:

Post a Comment